What HDI Local Chapters Provide
HDI Local Chapters provide an opportunity for Service & Support Center managers and staff within specified geographic areas to meet on a regular basis. Local Chapters hold monthly meetings to network with peers to share ideas and challenges and to hear presentations on topics selected by the Local Chapter program committee. Local Chapters operate as separate entities, autonomous from, but with the support of, HDI. Certain operating policies and procedures must be adhered to, and reaffirmed each year by all Local Chapters and their officers.
Local Chapters provide a forum for IT support professionals to:
- Exchange ideas
- Draw on the expertise of industry associates
- Share information on industry trends and events
- Network and further their career enhancement
- Enhance the stature of the Service & Support Center within members’ respective organizations
- Provide direct input to HDI Global as to possible conference speakers, training needs, and professional issues that are “hot” issues
On an annual basis HDI holds the annual HDI Conference & Expo, providing a forum for support professionals to assemble and receive information specific to the industry. Unfortunately, many individuals cannot participate in this forum, but still have a need to assemble periodically, to discuss common issues and challenges facing them. The Local Chapters provide that forum on a geographic basis, allowing support professionals to assemble monthly to discuss issues, challenges, and trends in the industry. This forum also provides an opportunity for local geographic groups to conduct round table discussions to discuss challenges currently facing them, as well as network among support professionals in their geographic area.